The Posi-Clear RP gives you everything you could ask for in a cartridge pool filter. The new design of this pool filter is nearly 50% more efficient than any other single cartridge pool filter on the market! And it offers top-of-the-line performance to keep your pool sparkling clear. Here are some tips on the Posi-Clear RP Cartridge Pool Filter.
- This pool filter operates under pressure. When the lock ring is installed properly and operated without air in the water system, the pool filter will operate in a safe manner.
- The maximum working pressure of this pool filter is 50 psi. Never subject the pool filter to pressure in excess of this amount, even when conducting hydrostatic pressure tests. Pressures about 50 psi can cause the lid to be blown off, which can result in severe injury, death, or property damage.
Warning: This pool filter operates under high pressure. When any part of the circulating system (e.g. lock ring, pump, filter, valves, etc.) is serviced, air can enter the system and become pressurized. Pressurized air can cause the lid to blow off, which can result in severe injury, death, or property damage. To avoid this potential hazard, follow these instructions:
- Before repositioning valves and before beginning the assembly, dissambly, or adjustment of the lock ring or any other service of the circulating system: (A) turn the pool pump off and shut off any automatic controls to assure that the system is not inadvertantly started during the servicing; (B) open the air relief valve; and (C) wait until all pressure is relieved – the pressure gauge must read zero (0).
- Whenever installing the filter lock ring, follow the filter lock ring installation instructions exactly.
- Once service on the circulating system is complete, follow system restart instructions exactly.
- Maintain circulation system properly. Replace worn or damaged parts immediately (e.g. lock ring, pressure gauge, relief valve, O-rings, etc.)
- Be sure that the pool filter is properly mounted and positioned according to the instructions provided.
When performing hydrostatic pressure tests or when testing for external leaks of the completed filtration and plumbing system, ensure that the Maximum Pressure that the filtration system will be subjected to DOES NOT EXCEED THE MAXIMUM WORKING PRESSURE OF ANY OF THE COMPONENTS CONTAINED WITHIN THE SYSTEM. In most cases, the maximum pressure will be stated on each component of the system.
If doubt exists as to the pressure to which the system will be subjected, install an ASME approved automatic Pressure Relief or Pressure Regulator in the circulation system for the lowest working pressure of any of the components in the system.
- The pressure gauge is the primary indicator of how the pool filter is operating. Maintain the pressure gauge in good working order.
Warning: Your pool filter is a piece of machinery. Do not tamper with it, attempt to disassemble it, or otherwise adjust it unless you fully understand its operation. Serious injury or death can occur if the equipment is improperly handled. Consult a pool service professional for maintenance and service assistance.
- Clean the pool filter when the pressure reads between 8-10 psi higher than the original starting pressure. The pool filter pressure reading will increase as it removes dirt from the pool. However, this buildup of pressure will vary due to different bathing loads, temperature, weather conditions, etc.
- Tip: Make note of the original starting pressure so you will know when it is time to clean it.
Note: When the cartridge element filter is used on new pools and after cleaning the elements, introduce into the system .5 pounds of diatomaceous earth (DE) per every 100 square feet of filter area. Mix the DE with water per package instructions and pour it into the skimmer after the pump is primed and the system is operating. This will enhance the filtration of your pool water.
Posted: Wednesday, January 9th, 2013 @ 5:50 pm
Categories: Energy-Efficient Equipment, How To, Pool Safety.
Tags: pool filter tips, posi-clear pool filter.
Subscribe to the comments feed if you like. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.